Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Glenn Jones


As a friend put it this past weekend, John Fahey is a gateway to other great music. After being blown away by his guitar playing, I went searching for other, and newer musicians that treat the guitar the same way he did. Among the current crop of instrumental guitarists (and there are several great ones that we'll get to eventually), one my favorites thus far has got to be Glenn Jones. Jones is a founding member of instrumental rock band Cul de Sac, and within the past few years has released a few solo acoustic albums that are amazing. 2007's Against Which The Sea Continually Beats, is one of my favorite albums of the past few months. I strongly urge anyone remotely interested in this kind of music to check it out.

Here's a track:
Against My Ruin

No comments: